Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The Beginning of The End?

Well, on August 11, 2009, I took my last final for the summer term here at Brigham Young University. As I walked out of the testing center (one of the most hated buildings on campus, at least on my part), I looked forward to a two week break in which I would finally have time for my own personal endeavors and pursuits. Mind you, these things included sleeping in, reading good literature, amongst other activities. But, nevertheless, my time was finally my own! I thought to myself, "You know what? For two weeks, life will be good to me." Little did I know at the time that that thought (is that considered alliteration?) would be far from truth. As my semi-vacation began, opportunities to help people arose and I found myself involved in many endeavors that took me away from the comforts of my bed. Everyday, there was some new thing that needed to be accomplished; some new task, a new person to help, or a new problem....

Than, suddenly, I found myself lying awake in bed, staring at my ceiling...

The time was 12:01 a.m. and in seven hours I would wake up to my first day of Fall Semester at Brigham Young University. My first thought was, "How did it come to this? Where did those two weeks go?" There was an inner struggle within the confines of my young consciousness until (unknowingly, I suppose), I drifted away to sleep.

2 days later... (which reminds me of the random French guy on Spongebob Squarepants whose occasional voice over is quiet humorous... But I digress...)

I have now been to all the classes which I will attend for Fall semester and I feel a little more confident than I had previously been feeling. Albeit, ECON 110 still scares the wits out of me.

It's going to be an interesting semester...

I have made some personal goals that will stretch me (both metaphorically and literally) and I may not make it. Nevertheless, wasn't it Yoda who once said to a certain aspiring Jedi, "Do or Do not... There is no try..."

http://www.filmposter.ch/img/plakate/film/410210_EmpireStrikesBack-Starwars-Yoda.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment