Monday, August 10, 2009

I'm new at this so please, be patient...

Hello everyone, my name is Federico Jose Rodriguez. Albeit, amongst most of my close friends I am known simply as "Fred", "Fedex," or "Hey you, with the afro pick in your hair!" My parents are from the Dominican Republic, and I was born in Puerto Rico. After my parents divorced and my mother joined the LDS church, my mom and I moved to Miami, Fla. In Florida, I learned English and it would soon become my first language (thus replacing spanish). In subsequent years, my mother and I would move to Burbank, Ca, then back to Puerto Rico. Following a brief stay in Puerto Rico (one year to be exact), it was decided that my mother would stay in Puerto Rico to watch over the family business and that I would be sent to live in Draper, Utah with my sister and brother-in-law. The next three years in Utah would be a learning experience as I was forced to conform to live in a (mostly) Mormon society, in a (mostly) white state. Let me make this clear, I am no racist; I'm merely making an observation. It was just that I had never lived somewhere quite like Utah (those who have moved to Utah from elsewhere know what I'm talking about). After graduating High School, I set aside two years of my life to serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in Virginia. Those 2 years were a wonderful experienced as I served from November of 2006 to November of 2008. Since my return, I have been going to school at Brigham Young University where I am currently a sophmore. I am a Political Science major with moderately liberal views (in a mostly conservative church) and I plan to minor in Communications. Well... that's a little about myself!

Well, I'm new at "blogging", but it's something I'd like to start doing. A thought occurred to me this evening, "all's fair in love and war." Is this true? What does that saying actually mean? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment